Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cable Radio 1-5

I'm listening to all of the radio stations on my cable television for 20 minutes and then writing about them.

1. Today's Country
I am not a fan of Today's Country and listening to the station didn't change this. I find the lyrics overly cliched, and precociously clever. If I had to pick a favorite, I minded Kenny Chesney's Boys of Fall the least.

2. True Country
I couldn't tell any difference between this and Today's Country, I assume that these artists are actually from "the country".

3. Rap Uncensored
My favorite song came early, with TI's Yeah Ya Know.


But then they played Snoop Dogg and Master P's Lay Low. I'll just post a link to the lyrics, but I don't think they're safe for anyone's eyes:


Now, I get the impression that they're upset about something. But seriously, where is that type of talk appropriate? As a woman, I would be mortified to hear that song, I can't imagine my father hearing that song. Ridiculous, disgusting. This was played at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon too!

4. Alternative
In general, a lot lighter than I consider "Alternative" to be. I liked it all OK, this was my favorite:


5. Solid Gold Oldies
I grew up with 50's and 60's music, so I'm pretty comfortable with it and I like it. You almost never hear it on the regular radio, because that generation doesn't buy enough stuff to matter anymore. I enjoyed the 20 minutes, it was easy to listen to. My favorite song was Hang On Sloopy.


No comments:

Post a Comment