Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cable Radio 6-10

I'm listening to all of the radio stations on my cable television for 20 minutes and then writing about them.

6) Classic Alternative
This was very 80's heavy the day I listened to it and I don't know, was Scandal Alternative in the 80's? But it was enjoyable and my favorite song was Berlin's Metro:



7) Classic Country
Broadly speaking, I'm not a fan of country music, but I heard lots of good stuff on this channel. First of all, old country songs are short, so I heard lots more songs than on other channels! And some were memories for me, Harper Valley PTA, Paper Roses, songs from my childhood. Some of the others I kept thinking were by Alabama, but they weren't. This is as country as you get, but it's great music:



8) Sounds of the Season
Of course, they play Christmas music and winter songs at the holidays, but I wondered what they played for October - and now I know. Classical pieces from German composers and Polka!

9) Mexicana
Mexicana music can sound like Polka to me, so it was funny to go from Polkas to this. The other songs were overly romantic songs by boy bands. Although all of the lyrics were in Spanish, the facts about the music on the tv channel are in English.

10) R&B Classics
This station was a treat. Brick House, Misty Blue, Bad Girls, Hot Fun in The Summertime, Flashlight, Mighty Mighty - you tell me which was the best song!

No comments:

Post a Comment