Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cable Radio 41 - 45

I'm listening to all of the radio stations on my cable television for 20 minutes and then writing about them. Last batch!

41) Blues
Several current songs, which was a disappointment, although I liked one from Solomon Burke, We Don't Need It. Then Sam Cooke's Tennessee Waltz which wasn't bluesy at all! Just at the end did they play more traditional blues. So I'm going to totally break with this channel and post one of my favorite blues songs:


42) Contemporary Christian
This sounded a lot like contemporary love songs to me, and then they would say Yahweh or Jesus Messiah. A Christian music station took over one of the radio stations I listened to, and I hadn't reprogrammed the channel and one night I heard Some Kind of Wonderful. Except it was "My savior, he's all right - My savior, he's clean outta sight!" "Can I get a witness" was PERFECT. Anwyays. This isn't bad music, it's a good message, the singers definitely seemed sincere.



43) Singers and Swing
I was mad when they added Swing to this channel, as it used to be a perfect nap channel for me. I could still nap to it, I think. Lots of standards, it would make nice dinner music, especially if I were having my parents over.

44) Classical Masterpieces
Well, that's exactly what they are. I like classical music, but I almost never listen to it. I had a roommate who did, he would play this channel on Sunday mornings while he read the paper. It's probably a good habit to get into.



45) Light Classical
According to the description of this channel, "From the Baroque era to the present, enjoy a tasteful mix of the all-time Classics you knows (sic) and love featuring a delicate styling of solo instrumentalists and chamber ensembles." I didn't know any, and I didn't notice a difference between this and Classical Masterpieces, except maybe they were shorter?

No comments:

Post a Comment