Monday, October 18, 2010

Cable Radio 26-30

I'm listening to all of the radio stations on my cable television for 20 minutes and then writing about them.

26) Classic Rock
Just what it says. No deep cuts, but I hadn't heard Bat Out of Hell in a long time and I liked all of the songs they played. I'm calling this my favorite, because I like it and also I have a good memory of singing this with a crowd at a Smithereeens concert soon after John Entwistle died.


27) Hip Hop and R&B
It seemed like an OK mix between, but I didn't really like anything I heard, and actively disliked some really repetitive songs - Nelly's Tippin in The Club and Ciara's Gimme That. And I've liked both of them for other songs!

28) 90's
Started out Shania Twain to Green Day, so I was encouraged, but the rest of the songs would have been played on any Adult Contemporary station in the 90's. And still might be today, let's face it. And then they played What is Love. IMMD. Ha!

29) Party Favs
Cruel Summer, Good Vibrations, Our House, 1-2-3-4...It would be OK for one of my parties, but I can't imagine it would fit everyone's! It was fun.

30) Throwback Jamz
If you miss rap based club music of the 90s, which I don't. Didn't do anything for me, I was disappointed. I think they'd have to throw further back for me to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment