Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Early Memories

10 memories before age 10. Inspired by Clusterflock.

1) A dream I had when I was 3 or 4. Someone offered me a cookie and I woke up when I reached out for it and my hand hit the wall.

2) Catching crayfish in the brook.

3) I went to a sleepover and I got my foot caught on a door and ripped the big toenail almost all off. The family either had an English Sheepdog or white shag carpeting, maybe both.

4) I woke up at what seemed like the middle of the night. I went out into the living room and my parents were watching the Miss America pageant. They let me stay up and I sat on my dad's lap and had a bite of his meatball sub. I couldn't wait to be grown up. "This is living", I thought.

5) Teaching my little sister how to make a bow on a sundress that tied at the shoulders. She learned right away and then I was mad, because I'd only known it myself less than a day.

6) A teacher yelling at me and when I looked up, the whole class had lined up and were waiting for me. I was reading a book and never heard a thing until she yelled.

7) Sitting under a round table in Kindergarten, trying to get away.

8) My present for my 6th or 7th birthday - a transistor radio that was a statue of a girl with a dog.

9) My father skating me out to the middle of a pond and leaving me to skate back.

10) My friend and I found a dead bird and we buried it and I had an idea that a hot air balloon would come down to take it to heaven, but I fell asleep before it came.

No comments:

Post a Comment